Building a website doesn’t automatically give you an online business. Whether you sell a product or service, your website needs to generate income.
Which means you likely need an eCommerce solution that works for your business model and needs.
How do you decide which one is right for you? Start by reviewing this list of the top 24 shopping cart solutions.
And now, for your linking pleasure, here are those services again (with some excerpts from their sales copy)…
Fully loaded with over 50 features, Content Shelf has everything needed to sell and deliver digital products.
Create a website store with all the bells and whistles.
- 100+ professional themes + mobile themes
- Or design a custom store
- CMS + blogging platform
- Social sharing
Website, store and hosting combined:
- All-in-one ecommerce solution
- Mobile and Facebook store included
- Average 3x more online sales
- Great designs
- Built-in set-up wizard
- Email marketing + analytics
All-in-one eCommerce solution
- Fully customizable storefront design
- Online product catalogs
- Upsell and autoresponder features
Fully customizable eCommerce platform for medium-sized businesses:
- More than 70 payment gateways
- Build-in affiliate program
- On-page checkout
A lightweight shopping cart plugin that integrates with membership and affiliate plugins to give you advanced features without a tech guy by your side.
- No monthly fees. You buy it, you own it
- Elegant product display
- Detailed training videos and support
TURN-KEY solution to your e-commerce needs – featuring Domain Name registration, Page/Site Hosting, Merchant Account, Gateway and Shopping Cart in one complete package. Cost depends on your sales.
Shopping Cart Elite allows you to push your products in various marketplaces including eBay, Amazon, Craigslist and many others. It uses your existing product database and allows you to create templates that resemble your product page.
With this e-commerce software and intuitive interface, you can have a store online in 15 minutes. Your online store won’t outgrow our shopping cart, and you will not need expensive add-ons in order to have a fully functioning store.
TomatoCart is open source ecommerce solution developed and maintained by a number of 64,000+ users from 50+ countries and regions. It’s free to download and share.
Offers flexible, feature-rich solutions that address a wide range of business sizes, needs and budgets.
Provides you the tools to set up your very own complete and self-hosted online store website for free.
Free, fully scalable, open-source ecommerce solution. Offers enhanced features, higher speed, and an easy-to-manage back office.
Zen Cart® is a free, user-friendly, open source shopping cart software. The ecommerce web site design program is being developed by a group of like-minded shop owners, programmers, designers, and consultants that think ecommerce web design could be and should be done differently.
OpenCart is feature-rich, easy to use, search-engine friendly, with a visually appealing interface.
- Unlimited Categories and products
- Multi Currency/Language
- Product Reviews/Ratings
- Automatic Image Resize
- 20+ Payment Gateways
- 8+ Shipping Methods
Spree is a 100% open source e-commerce platform powered by the popular Ruby on Rails framework. It was designed to make customization and upgrades as simple as possible.
- Free, open-source e-commerce solution (OSL 3.0)
- Can work like a Drupal 7 module and as a stand-alone web application
- Pre-built Ecommerce CMS package installing both LiteCommerce and Drupal
- Clean and smooth user interface with AJAX enhancements
- Quick and easy one-page checkout
- Highly customizable modular architecture with the automatic upgrade function
- Code optimized for high performance
Right out of the box you can use this WP e-Commerce Plugin to make a beautiful online shop.
- Multi-tier pricing for quantity discounts.
- Search Engine Friendly URLs
- 100% customizable
- One-page checkout
ShopperPress is a Premium WordPress theme that transform WordPress into a fully functionality online store with shopping cart functionality.
FatFreeCart is a free shopping cart developed by the team behind E-junkie shopping cart. It works inside your website or blog and will even work from your MySpace page. It is simply a copy-paste cart and does not require you to register with us or install anything.
Everything you need — CRM, e-commerce, social media and email marketing — in a single, powerful system that automatically converts leads into new customers and grows sales from existing ones.
Easily build, edit, and maintain your online shop, and collect orders without any programming or HTML knowledge.
- Pick a template or customize
- Upload your logo
- Upload your product images
- Add descriptions & pricing
One of the fastest checkouts available. Its unique and innovative checkout is fast, conversion optimized, and profitable. Get reduced time to market, lower implementation costs, lower long-term costs.
You know you have a good eCommerce site when…
- More trust
- Repeat customers
- Higher conversions
- More engaged users
- Higher search engine ranks
- Word of mouth
Do you agree with our list? What have we left out? Add your favorites in the comments below.
Latest posts by Kathryn Aragon (see all)
- The Essence of SEO: What Is High-Quality Content? - May 11, 2018
- 14 Tips for Improving Your Responsive Email Design - July 3, 2015
- How to Reverse Engineer a High-Converting Landing Page - June 3, 2015