No excuses — it’s time to catch up on your reading. Grab your tablet, head outside for some sun, and get straight to your much-deserved brain-break.
Here are (in this marketer’s opinion) May’s best conversion, analytics, and copywriting articles.
1. Conversion Rate Optimization for B2B
Post by SiteTuners
In the B2B market, mistakes and missed opportunities are all the more costly. Multiple decision-makers come into play. Sales cycles are longer. Risk-avoidance is a critical customer motivator. Here’s how to navigate the B2B labyrinth.
2. How to Build a Strong A/B Testing Plan That Gets Results
Post by Peep Laja via ConversionXL
A/B testing is a power tool for maximizing your marketing ROI. This mother-of-guides will help you rock your strategy.
3. The “Above the Fold” Myth Debunked
Post by Eugen Opera
2013 means that your average reader can effectively scroll. Is the ‘above the fold’ rule obsolete? And if it is, what does that mean for you? (There’s some really cool code in here to help you add a useful feature to your website.)
Post by Michael Aagaard via ContentVerve
5. Eight Silly Data Myths Marketing People Believe That Get Them Fired
Post by Avinash Kaushik
Your data strategy needs more than just numbers to be effective. Read this blog post, and you’ll be smarter. Guaranteed.
6. Mobile Traffic and Revenue Trending Up According to Survey
Post by Linda Bustos via Get Elastic
Here’s your friendly reminder to check your mobile traffic. Is your website effectively optimized?
7. Killer KPIs: Turning Data Into Gs
Post by Annie Cushing
Google Analytics gives you all the data that you could want. So what? Watch this presentation for a lesson on segmenting and performance analysis on your organic and paid campaigns.
8. Making It Easier to Measure Your Goals
Post by Google Analytics
Google recently announced several updates to Goals in Analytics — new set-up flows, templates, and verification capabilities.
9. Crucial Tips for Boosting Customer Connections
Post by Speak2Leads
When you’re copywriting for the web, you need to think like a business development pro. Leverage these sales-driven approaches to forge stronger customer bonds.
10. Surprise Is Still the Most Powerful Marketing Tool
Post by Scott Redick via HBR
Don’t get so caught up in Big Data that you lose the opportunity for serendipity. One way to boost your marketing is to add an element of surprise. Here’s why.
11. Confessions of a Newsletter Writer
Post by Ella Riley-Adams via The Content Strategist
Behind every superhuman brand are teams of brilliant marketers. Here’s an inside look into the NerdLetter — Van Hoven’s own list of best practices in aggregation and distribution, based on more than a year of sending daily emails.
12. What the Future Holds for Business Blogging
Post by Pamela Vaughan via HubSpot
Quality wins, mobile becomes a priority, and businesses start building in-house content teams. What do you think the future holds?
You pick #13. What was your favorite conversion, analytics, or copywriting read this month?
- March’s Best: Favorites in Analytics, Conversion, and Copywriting - March 31, 2014
- February’s Best: Favorites in Conversion, Analytics & Copywriting - February 28, 2014
- January’s Best: Favorites in Analytics, Conversion, and Copywriting - February 1, 2014