LegalNature provides inexpensive solutions for people who need legal documentation but don’t want to spend big bucks hiring a lawyer. The company serves businesses and individuals, providing a diverse range of legal forms and templates. It’s a great legal resource for business owners with an even better price tag.
Comparing LegalNature to the Best LLC Services Services
LegalNature does an excellent job at automating legal documents and processes without you having to break the bank. It’s a solid service, but it did not make our top list of recommended LLC services:
- ZenBusiness – Best for Most
- Incfile – Best Range of LLC services
- LegalZoom – Best for Speaking with Attorneys
- Inc Authority – Best for Skipping Service Fees
- BizFilings – Best for Choosing the Right Entity Type
The main reason LegalNature didn’t make our top list of recommendations is that they don’t offer one-time legal advice like LegalZoom or IncFile, or the level of support we found with ZenBusiness. LegalNature is best for people in need of specific documentation rather than turnkey business services.
LegalNature: The Good and The Bad
- Easy to Use: LegalNature has an intuitive UI that makes business formation easy and hassle-free. Also, LegalNature forms are streamlined and fully customized to your needs and only take a couple of minutes to complete. So the service offers both high-quality and time-saving opportunities.
- Excellent Market Reputation: LegalNature has a long track of reliability. Founded in 2010, the company has since made a name for itself with its top-notch services and solid customer support. It’s a trusted company that brought affordable legal services to the forefront and made them available to the masses through accurate, online templates. Through the years, LegalNature has managed to maintain and even improve its reputation.
- Comprehensive Document Library: LegalNature offers comprehensive and diverse documents to help you create LLCs, wills, and eviction notices, as well as clarify divorce settlements, health care proxies, loan agreements, and hundreds of others. It can also connect you to an appropriate business attorney to sort out your business, real estate, and personal matters. These comprehensive documents give LegalNature an edge over many of its competitors, who don’t offer most of the features listed above.
- Efficient Customer Support: Many of LegalNature’s positive reviews praise its stellar customer service, thanks to its experienced and efficient customer reps. The company guarantees unlimited customer support via phone and email, including an online knowledge base. This gives LegalNature a significant advantage over its competitors, who don’t have a strong customer support network and rely on automated services like chatbots.
- Enhanced Security: LegalNature’s online platform has the standard SSL security certificate in place, meaning you can safely and securely provide sensitive information to the website without worrying about data breaches. But yes, the general rule of creating strong passwords still applies. While we would’ve also liked two-factor authentication, it isn’t a deal-breaker for us.
- Greater Affordability and Free Trial: LegalNature’s pricing is fair and affordable, with the company offering high value for your money. It offers both one-off service pricing for standalone jobs, as well as six to 12-month membership plans for more frequent legal assistance. If you’re unhappy with LegalNature’s service, you can always avail of a money-back guarantee. A seven-day free trial lets you test-drive its services before making any commitment.
- Requires Credit Card Information: We aren’t fans of the fact that one has to fill in their credit card information to start a free trial. You must remember to cancel your trial when the time is up. Otherwise, your account will be charged automatically after the trial.
- Limited Business Registration Customization: LegalNature’s plans are undoubtedly comprehensive, but there is no way to start a free trial with any of these options. Your only option is to take advantage of its monthly document library subscription.
- Doesn’t Offer Professional Consultations: LegalNature doesn’t handle tax consultations or provide regular attorney support, which is hands down its biggest downsides, especially since most of its competitors do. Also, LegalNature won’t represent you in court, but it will connect you with experienced attorneys to help you. The company has a network of trusted attorneys you can fall back on when needed.
LegalNature Pricing and Options
LegalNature is one of the more affordable online legal services on the market.
Its LLC formation service costs $40, plus state-specific fees. However, your total will likely increase due to other upsells and add-ons you can add to the service. Here’s a list of paid options you can consider:
- Expedited processing — $175
- Registered agent services — $125
- Tax ID (EIN) — $70
- Business license and permit search — $129
- Corporate kit — $105
- Standard mail shipping — $20
- FedEx shipping — $40
While it makes sense you opt for the EIN and registered agent service add-ons, you can skip the others.
LegalNature‘s incorporation packages are also affordable. If you want to create an S Corp, C Corp, or nonprofit, you can choose from the following three plans:
- Starter — $39, plus state fees
- Essentials — $179, plus state fees
- Pro — $269, plus state fees
In comparison to the other two, the Starter package is limited. You only have preparation, filing, and an included statement of incorporation. If you want to get an EIN, registered agent, or any other up-sell, you’ll have to pay extra.
The Essentials and Pro packages include all the above items in addition to rush or expedited delivery (based on the package you select), corporate bylaws, and a banking resolution.
LegalNature LLC Services
Starting as an LLC using LegalNature is easy and affordable, with a $39 base charge, plus state fees.
Once you select your state, you simply have to answer a few straightforward, business-related questions, with the entire form taking less than 10 minutes to complete. Based on your answers, LegalNature then prepares and files your formation documents.
The LLC formation plan also includes online tracking, order reviews, and electronic document delivery, in addition to document preparation and state filing.
All new LLC forms will be automatically filed with standard processing times. The number of business days it takes to form your LLC will vary depending on your operating state.
Considering you’ll have to hire a registered agent, you can take advantage of LegalNature’s registered agent service by paying the additional $125 yearly charge. LegalNature also offers EIN filing on half of your business—provided you pay the $70 filing service fee.
Based on your business type and industry, you may need to obtain specific licenses and permits. LegalNature can do license research on your behalf and inform you about which licenses you’ll need to ensure compliance. However, this isn’t free and costs $129.
An extensive library of business formation documents is another benefit.
LegalNature Incorporation Services
Over the years, entrepreneurs have turned to LegalNature to launch an S-Corp, C-Corp, or nonprofit. Similar to its LLC package, LegalNature‘s incorporation process is swift, affordable, and simple.
You have to provide LegalNature with certain details related to your competition, such as your corporation’s name and business, the number of shares the company will use, the names of the directors, and so on.
The base incorporation package starts from $39, plus state fees, and includes services like drafting the statement of incorporation, document preparation and filing, electronic document delivery, and online tracking. A free accounting consultation is also on offer.
However, if you want additional services like an EIN, corporate bylaws, business license search, and a registered agent, you’ll have to pay $70, $50, $129, and $125, respectively.
The Essentials and Pro plans offer rush filing and a banking resolution, in addition to base offerings. The Pro plan also includes a free year of LegalNature’s Compliance Guard and a hard copy of your incorporation documents.
LegalNature simplifies tracking and managing all your incorporation activities, thanks to the intuitive and user-friendly dashboard. People who own multiple corporations can easily go back and forth between their respective businesses to keep track of the status and access relevant documents.
LegalNature Registered Agent Services
Many states require businesses to appoint a registered agent. If you’re already using LegalNature to form your business, you might as well use their registered agent services. It also doesn’t hurt that LegalNature’s registered agent services are reliable and prompt, making it value for money.
LegalNature ensures you meet all your deadlines, avoid penalties, and comply with state requirements. Its registered agents are always available during business hours to receive official correspondence on your behalf and notify and forward them to you.
Hiring LegalNature as your registered agent will also keep your personal information private from public records. Unlimited cloud storage for all official documents is another benefit.
To reiterate, LegalNature will receive everything on your behalf from the state and scan and upload all correspondence to your account to keep you in the loop. Remember, you’ll have to complete a short questionnaire online and pay $125 yearly to avail of this service.
LegalNature has many things going for it. It’s one of the few legal services that offer something for everyone—private and professional. The easy access to a diverse range of legal forms and reliable legal advice is another factor that makes Crazy-Egg approved.
So do we recommend LegalNature? Yes, LegalNature can provide you with the necessary legal documents if you aren’t sure of the legal documents you need and don’t have the means to hire a lawyer.