Squaretalk offers a budget-friendly, adaptable, and intuitive cloud communication platform to enhance your sales and support teams’ performance and productivity. Its vast selection of local, mobile, and toll-free numbers spanning over 100 countries enables businesses to build a global presence quickly.
Call centers and customer support teams can benefit from using Squaretalk, as it offers a seamless experience for customers and call center agents alike. To best assess if it’s the right fit for your business, we’ll walk you through what it does well, where it could improve, and its pricing and features.
Squaretalk: The Good and the Bad
Squaretalk offers a variety of features that can greatly enhance your sales and support teams’ performance. Here are some of the pros and cons to consider before deciding on whether or not to use Squaretalk for your business.
What Squaretalk Is Good At
Creating a powerful call center software experience with Axiom: Squaretalk’s flagship software, Axiom, is the platform’s backbone. Its contemporary and easy-to-read design provides a streamlined experience for both customers and agents.
Here’s a few things we love about its features:
- Intelligent Skill-based Routing: This bypasses the need for tedious IVR menus by connecting customers directly to the right agent.
- 24/7 Interactive Voice Response (IVR): IVR ensures that personalized customer service is never more than a call away, regardless of the time.
- Automatic Call Distribution (ACD): ACD uses customer data to route calls smartly, meaning customers will always reach the best-suited agent to solve their unique issue.
- Call Queuing and Queue Callback: These features keep the call flow smooth and prevent customers from waiting on hold. Instead, they can opt for a callback at their convenience.
- Dynamic Workforce Management: This allows you to adjust staffing on the go, helping maintain short queues and meet SLA goals.
The icing on the cake? Axiom can integrate with your CRM and other business tools, which reduces the need for an agent to switch between multiple applications during a call. Your agents can have everything they need right at their fingertips.
Global presence and local compatibility: For a call center, maintaining a balance between a global presence and local compatibility is crucial. This balance allows businesses to reach a wider customer base while providing a personalized touch that resonates with local customers. Squaretalk excels in this area.
Their extensive selection of numbers spanning over 100 countries ensures a broad reach. Yet, the Dynamic Caller ID feature adds a local flavor by matching the caller identity to the customer’s region, potentially boosting pickup rates by up to 40% on marketing campaigns.
Additionally, features like Spam Checker and Blacklist Numbers ensure the team’s efforts are not wasted on spam calls or bots but focused on meaningful interactions. The Random Caller ID feature further supports efficient load distribution, preventing any single number from being overwhelmed.
Great security features: Squaretalk takes proactive measures to ensure security and privacy for all communications with end-to-end encryption. It also utilizes a robust authentication system to mitigate potential security risks.
Here are some of its key security features:
- Compliance with TCPA and GDPR, which ensures you’re in line with regulations
- Secure remote agents that can provide customer service from anywhere in the world
- Enterprise-level ISO 27001 security that meets global standards
- Secure IP and GEO IP protection
- Hosting on trusted platforms like AWS and Digital Ocean
- Multi-factor authentication for all users
These features make it an ideal choice for businesses like call centers, where secure communication is paramount. Customer service agents handling sensitive data can trust that conversations are encrypted, and sales teams can strategize without fear of leaks.
This security protects data and enhances efficiency, allowing teams to focus on delivering top-notch service while Squaretalk handles data protection.
There are plenty of helpful integrations for increased functionality: Squaretalk can be integrated with your preferred business tools, meaning your team won’t have to bounce between apps to access the data they need. Here are some examples of how you can connect Squaretalk to other tools:
- Zoho: Perfect for a call center using Zoho CRM, enabling native call handling.
- Salesforce: Enhances Salesforce with Computer Telephony Integration (CTI).
- Freshworks: Integrates with Freshworks CRM for CTI.
- Lynx: Facilitates workflow automation in a busy call center.
- Programmable messaging: Allows API messaging, which is essential for a customer service team handling queries via text.
- Programmable voice access: Provides an API contact center suitable for a sales team needing voice communication.
- Call Me Back widget: Engages website visitors, ideal for a support team offering immediate assistance.
These integrations allow call centers to design superior customer experiences using Squaretalk’s built-in and custom APIs. They make it easier for call agents to connect with customers, reducing wait times and improving call handling time.
Squaretalk’s Potential Drawbacks
There isn’t a trial option available: Squaretalk doesn’t offer a free trial, so you won’t be able to test the platform out before committing. You can opt for a monthly plan rather than an annual plan if you don’t want to make a long-term commitment right away, though the monthly subscription is slightly more expensive than an annual one. You can also get a free growth session and demo by signing up with your email address on Squaretalk’s website.
Automated client tracking could be improved: A notable drawback of Squaretalk Axiom is the lack of automated client tracking. Some users have reported that unless they report a specific issue, the technical team does not detect it independently. For instance, issues like calls continuously ringing or server speeds being too slow for the number of agents working are not automatically picked up by the system. This could potentially lead to unresolved technical problems affecting efficiency and productivity of the call center operations.
Squaretalk Plans and Pricing
There are three options when it comes to Squaretalk’s pricing: the Standard plan, the Professional plan, and the Enterprise plan. The good news is that the Standard plan comes with dozens of features, making the program useful for a wide range of call centers.
But for those seeking advanced features, the Professional and Enterprise plans are great options to dive into.
The Standard Plan
Squaretalk’s Standard Plan is a comprehensive package designed to cater to the needs of a small business. This plan is perfect for those who need a minimum of five users and comes at an affordable price of $15 per user per month when billed annually and $25 per user per month with monthly billing.
You’ll need to onboard at least five users to use this plan, making it a good choice for growing businesses looking to scale up their communication needs at an affordable cost.
Here’s what you can expect:
- Cloud PBX: A virtual phone system that manages your business calls effectively.
- IVR (virtual receptionist): An automated voice guides callers to their desired departments.
- Real-time detailed client dashboard: This gives a birds-eye view of all client interactions.
- Advanced reporting options: These help track performance and facilitate data-driven decisions.
- Automated call distribution (ACD): Squaretalk efficiently distributes incoming calls to available agents.
- Intelligent call routing: Quickly directs callers to the appropriate agent or department.
- Unlimited inbound channels: The channel feature allows concurrent handling of multiple calls without limitations.
- Intelligent call queuing: AI manages call overflow during peak hours, ensuring no customer goes unanswered.
- App and CRM integrations: Squaretalk seamlessly integrates with existing CRM and apps for smooth operations.
- Customized on-hold music: On-hold technology lets you personalize the on-hold experience for your customers.
- Scheduled queue callbacks: Customers can request a callback instead of waiting in a queue.
- Consistent SMS reporting: Your account keeps you updated with regular SMS reports.
What sets the Standard plan apart is its intelligent call routing feature. In a busy small business setting, this feature ensures that calls are directed to the right department, increasing efficiency and customer satisfaction.
Squaretalk’s Professional Plan is a robust package tailored to more established businesses requiring advanced features to drive their communication processes. This plan is ideal for organizations with a minimum of eight users and comes for $30 per user monthly when billed annually and $45 per user monthly when billed month-to-month.
In addition to all the benefits included in the Standard Plan, the Professional Plan provides a suite of innovative functionalities designed to enhance both inbound and outbound communication. Here’s what you can expect:
- Sophisticated predictive dialing: Optimizes the time agents spend on calls.
- Intelligent outbound call routing: Ensures outgoing calls are directed efficiently.
- Answering machine auto-detection: Helps reduce wasted time by identifying automated responses.
- Smart lead recycling: Allows for repeated attempts to engage potential leads.
- Dynamic lead resetting: Enables automatic resetting of leads based on specified criteria.
- Appointment scheduling automation: Schedules calls for appointments automatically.
- Smart leads ranking: Ranks leads based on their potential value.
- Agent skill-based ranking: Assigns calls to agents based on their skill sets.
- Automated call scripts: Provides agents with a script during calls to ensure consistency and professionalism.
- Campaign & list management: Manages various campaigns and contact lists effectively.
- Web callback: Offers a callback option via the web to enhance customer experience.
- DNC (Do Not Call) management: Helps comply with regulations by managing the DNC list in real time.
- Disposition timers for redials: Manages the time between call dispositions and redials.
- Timezone rules dialing: Ensures calls are made at appropriate times considering different time zones.
- Smart redial strategies: Optimizes redial attempts to increase connection rates.
The predictive dialing feature is the most valuable addition to this plan because it maximizes the time agents spend on calls. This function significantly boosts productivity and leads to more successful calls.
Squaretalk’s Enterprise plan is an elite package crafted to cater to the individualized communication demands of large-scale businesses and corporations. This plan provides a customizable solution that adjusts to your business’s size and specifications.
For details on pricing, Squaretalk encourages you to contact them directly so that they can provide personalized pricing based on your business needs.
Building upon all the features encompassed in the Professional plan, the Enterprise plan brings several high-tier services that further optimize your business’s communication strategies. Here’s a snapshot of what you get:
- Dedicated account manager: You’ll get a personal liaison for focused support and assistance.
- Developer support: Technical help for seamless system integration and maintenance.
- Bring your preferred carrier: Flexibility to opt for your trusted telecom service provider.
- VIP customer service support: Prioritized assistance ensuring rapid response to your queries or issues.
- Unlimited volume of queue callers: Capability to manage an influx of incoming calls, no matter the volume.
- Unlimited call recordings: Enables thorough documentation of all telephonic conversations.
- Unlimited same-time calls: Facilitates simultaneous handling of multiple calls without any restrictions.
A dedicated account manager and developer support system significantly simplifies setting up and maintaining your communication system. It’s also helpful for troubleshooting and technical assistance, ensuring that your business operations run smoothly without interruptions.
The Enterprise plan is ideal for larger businesses seeking a comprehensive, personalized communication solution that can scale alongside their growth.
Squaretalk is a commendable solution for call centers aiming for global reach with a local touch. If your team needs a feature-rich, user-friendly system that can grow with your business, Squaretalk has got you covered.
Despite minor shortcomings in automated client tracking, its strengths in localized caller ID, spam control, and an extensive number selection certainly tip the scale in its favor, making it a worthwhile consideration for businesses seeking to optimize their customer interactions.