Click on the infographic below to view the full size version:
Email holds the ability to communicate directly to the consumer and build relationships. It has become such a mature channel that subscribers are now seeking engaging emails that contain both accuracy and relevancy.
In such condition, if you commit email marketing blunders, then it can cost you big, whether it is ROI or your subscriber’s value. So, to keep those blunders at bay here are some of the most committed email mistakes that are becoming a hurdle in spreading the email divinity.
Boo Boo Blunders (Old Age Email Blunders)
This section covers such blunders that are very common, but still many email marketers are committing them.
Boring subject lines that are not at all creative, using no-reply ids, unnoticeable CTAs, sending incompatible emails, etc. are some of the blunders that annoy your subscribers.
Personalization blunders add misery to your un-subscription rates. A recently held survey states that 54% of the consumers hit the unsubscribe button, when they don’t see personalized content. The stats of Experian on the other hand shouts the same: personalized content can take the transaction rates up to 6X higher.
Personalization blunders such as, incorrect first name, wrong merge tags, ambiguous data, incorrect customization for International emails, etc. are just enough to increase your un-subscription rates.
Blunders That Send You To Spam
1 out of 6 emails never make it to the inbox, though there can be various reasons behind it, but the top ones are here.
- Using shared IPs – Using a dedicated unique IP can help in decreasing the shared email space and increase the probability of spam prevention.
- Not considering crucial components like SPF, sender’s score, etc. – It is quintessential to focus on inbox placement, but be ensured that you are also taking care of the sender’s score, SPF (Sender Policy Framework), etc.
- Changing ESP without considering the deliverability – If you are changing your ESP then check how much attention the deliverability is attaining.
- Sending emails without permission – Keep your focus towards list hygiene, and remove inactive subscribers. Also, before including an email address in your subscribers list make sure you have their permission.
- No proper frequency – Protect your deliverability goals by setting up a sending frequency that can act as your deliverability goals savior.
- The avoidance of monitoring blacklisting – Prevent spam traps successfully by monitoring and making sure that your IP isn’t blacklisted.
- Fail to manage domain reputation – A good ESP can help you in managing your domain reputation and prevent the chances of low deliverability.
- Unauthenticated email addresses – ISPs can prevent the spoofing and phishing attacks if you use authenticated emails.
- Avoiding spam content score – Improve your email campaigns by attaining a real-time feedback loop. Consider talking to your ESP for real-time FLs.
Sending Without Testing
As basic as it sounds, testing emails is quintessential. It helps you understand what works best for you. Some of the testing blunders are listed below that goes unnoticed.
Testing a few components, sending emails that are inadequate in size, not thinking much about, on the go users, etc. These blunders can send you directly to spam. Multivariate testing is the best way to figure out what your subscribers actually wish to receive.
New Age Email Marketing Blunders
When most of the email marketers are thriving to innovate their email campaigns according to the new age, there are still some battles left that are needed to be conquered.
Sending emails without accordion, not considering CSS or menus in emails, not paying much heed towards image fallback, not considering Apple subscribers, etc. are some of the new age email marketing blunders that are stopping you from spreading the email love.
We would like to thank Email Monks for today’s infographic :).
- Limited Time Offer: How To Write a Discount Offer For Limited Time Only - March 23, 2020
- 20 Ways to Speed Up Your Website and Improve Conversion in 2020 - March 22, 2020
- These 18 Tools Will Supercharge Your Digital Agency Software Stack - May 14, 2019